Thursday, October 25, 2007

Thursday 10/25/07 Yesterday's post continued...

Yesterday's posting said that I want to move but the house needed painted. The closet, the deck and the bedroom could never have that ''all over'' ''just-about-to be-sold-look''. The basement had been painted by a previous owner. One of the walls still looked clean and white. The other three had paint pealing off of them. I don't have water problems with my walls, but it looked like I did. The realitor said that everyone would assume that the basement has water problems. Scraping the basement was the worst. Everything had to be moved away from the walls. The washer and dryer couldn't be used until the paint behind them was dry. I painted behind them first. The worst part was scraping and painting under the stairs. I was going to skip that area, but with the rest of the basement looking so clean, that area really stuck out. I painted it.
I have now finished painting, except for one small unused heater that I would like to put rustoleum on. We now need to get things to storage. I have been going to Kroger (grocery store) to get boxes.
But...the problem now is that it is getting colder. I have two rooms that were added on to the house. I don't think that any insulation was added. Also...the windows now need plastic on them. Will the house sell with two cold rooms and plastic on the windows? Lots of people have plastic on their windows, they just don't sell their house with plastic on the windows. I would like to insulate the two rooms before we move. Especially if we stay here another winter.

No comments: